Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A Little Politics

So, most of you know that my politics lean definitely left. Last week I called my Senators, Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell, asking them to vote no on Samuel Alito's nomination to the Supreme Court and to support a filibuster. I also emailed Harry Reid, the Senate Minority leader, telling him that if he didn't support a filibuster he would need to rename his website: www.giveemhellharry.com since he wouldn't be giving them hell, he would just be getting out of the Republican's way.

Anyway, Patty Murray and Harry Reid voted to support a filibuster, but Maria Cantwell did not. Here is the message I just emailed Senator Cantwell:

Dear Senator Cantwell,

I am writing to express my utter disappointment in your decision to vote to end debate on the Alito nomination. I feel that Justice Alito is a direct threat to American Civil Liberties. Your decision to not support the filibuster was a decision to let the Republicans do (yet again) whatever they want.

I was planning on supporting your re-election campaign this year, but at this point I am looking closely at your Democratic rival since I feel that you are losing touch with me and your other constituents here in Seattle.

I am looking for leadership from you and my other Democratic representatives and would like to see you take a stand against some of the bad legislation or incompetent nominees proposed by the Republicans and the Bush Administration.

Sincerely,
Linda Yaw

I'll be sending Patty Murray a little thank you note.

Sigh, we just can't get anywhere. Sometimes I feel like "this country is going to hell in a handbasket."

Anyway, onward!
Linda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home