About a year ago I decided to try knitting again. This was (I think) the third time I learned how to knit and this time it actually "took." I retaught myself from Stitch 'N Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook by Debbie Stoller. Here are some of my favorite knitting sites:
- Knitting Help.com has everything you need to learn how to knit including free online videos.
- Knitty Magazine has a lot of cool patterns and some good feature articles. It comes out four times a year.
- Knitter's Review is a weekly online newsletter with reviews of different yarns and knitting related "stuff."
- Denise Interchangeable Knitting Needles is my favorite knitting tool. It gives you all straight and circular knitting needles from US size 5 to 15.
- Bella Online is similar to About.com but targeted toward women with a pretty good knitting section.
- About.com's knitting section is pretty good, too. A good place to start looking for patterns.